At work, we have a thing called “huddle” every week, where our department shares work highlights, upcoming projects and also do some group activities and share personal stories. This week, we went around the huddle and shared what we are grateful for. I said that I was grateful for my four legged baby brother, Arko. As you all know, I am dog obsessed! I have only been working at my new job for about five weeks, but EVERYONE knows my love for dogs, hehe!
I finally saw a therapist again. I had a lovely initial conversation with her on Tuesday and will be seeing her every Tuesday now. We will see how it goes, but I am finally feeling like I can improve my situation.
Happy BC Day Long Weekend!
Things I have discovered so far this long weekend:
Seeking Professional Help Again
After a couple of weeks of so much anxiety and my OCD just taking over to the extent that I couldn’t think anymore, I have decided to seek professional help again. I’ve seeked help before, however the therapists, psychiatrists and meds didn’t do much and so I gave up. The meds slowed me down and although I know technically that is what is supposed to happen in order for me to not freak out out easily, I hated it. I hated not caring and it made me feel so lazy. It made me feel like I didn’t want to change because having OCD and being a germaphobe was better than not caring and being unmoved by things that would trigger me normally.
My Saturday Night
Oh what a Saturday night. You would think that when a story starts with that, It had to be a great time…. worst Saturday since time!
Arko turns 9 today!
Wohoooooo! My baby bro Arko turns 9 today! Happy Birthday to my precious little baby!
Hi guys! Thanks for the patience and for the 100 followers milestone!
Life has been crazy busy these days and I feel terrible for only blogging a couple of times a week. As I settle into my new job (did I tell you I ended up having a not so good experience at that non profit and then found another job? Jeeez, that story is for another time), I hope to post a bit more and be more active on the blog.
Please bare with me!
Continue reading “Hi guys! Thanks for the patience and for the 100 followers milestone!”
Unique Blogger Award
Hey, my second nomination for a blogger award! How cool!!?!? Thank you to the lovely Cherylene for nominating me on the blog: Living Vs. Existing. I was delighted to see you nominated me and really enjoy your blog!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
Questions to answer:
- What one piece of advice would you give to new bloggers just starting?
Well, I am fairly new and so I don’t feel like I can give any amazing advice. I will say that being yourself is important, as well as posting often and posting good material. I think also, it is good to take criticism as well as advice other bloggers may have to share with you.
- If you could visit any country where would you go?
Ooooh. Well, I am a homebody but am always amazed by peoples vacation pictures hehe! This is going to sound a bit cheesy ( and maybe I feel this way because we just celebrated out 150) but I think I would like to explore Canada first. I would LOVE to visit the Maritimes and Newfoundland. It has to be my next big trip!
- What has been the best part of this blogging journey for you?
The lovely people! There are so many amazing, fun and unique people in the blogosphere! I have learned so much and have been able to connect with people all over the world. Super cool!
I would like to nominate:
- Discovering Your Happiness
- Our Mixed Box
- Rhapsody Boheme
- Weird Guy with the Dog
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is the last thing you ate?
- Who was your first crush?
- What kind of music do you like to dance to? (Remember, everyone likes to dance! Even if it is just swaying or nodding to the music!)
I thought I’d keep the questions light as you can tell! Heheee! 🙂 – Sunny
I’ve got the ladyballs to take action.
Two years ago, I started volunteering with Ovarian Cancer Canada. My aunt was diagnosed with stage 3c Ovarian Cancer about a year before that and I wanted to do something to support the cause that she would then pass away from in September 2016.
Move That Body!
I finally started working out again! When I say “workout, I mean light jogging, stationary bike, some squats and other basic exercises. Nothing too crazy or intense, but lately I’ve been hearing so much about how having a sedentary lifestyle is unhealthy. It’s not even just about losing weight or eating healthy. Of course, maintaining a good weight and eating a healthy and balanced diet is super important but it is also important to just get moving so you work your WHOLE body. Your heart, your lungs, everything!
I always say that I am going to try and maintain a good routine in terms of exercising but I usually end up being pretty good for about a month and then give up! 😦
I think some of the reasons I give up are the following:
1. I get bored of the same exercises. It becomes to routine that it feels tedious. Solution: switch it up! I am going to try and have three separate routines so that if I work out 3 times a week, I have a different routine each day. I am going to try and also have one routine that puts a lot of freestyle dance in it… because I love to dance! Hehehe.
2. I either get bored of the music I listen to or spend too much time searching my music. Solution: Yesterday, I created different playlists on Apple Music. This, in addition to all the already created playlists that they have, will hopefully keep things fun!
3. I focus on weight too much and when o don’t see a difference, I feel discouraged. I have weighed the exact same for a couple of years now, which can be good and bad, I guess. Solution: just don’t look at the scale! I’m going to try and only weigh myself once every two weeks. I know that the number reason I am exercising is not to lose weight, but I still have this obsession of knowing how much I weigh and if anything has changed! It doesn’t really make sense!
Anyways, I am going to try and keep up this routine. Even if it’s for a half hour, three times a day, I think it will be good. Wish me luck y’all! (I know it’s not luck I need but some discipline haha!)