Kindness makes the world go round. I really do think so.
Here is a list of 15 random acts of kindness you can do to spread kindness, positivity, and hopefully put a smile on someones face..
- Say good morning to at least five people you see on your way to work on Monday.
- Pay for the next person’s order in the drive-thru.
- When you’re snowed in and shoveling your sidewalk and driveway, do the same for your next door neighbor.
- Next time you see a child selling lemonade, take a second to buy a cup. You might be supporting a great cause or perhaps starting that child’s entrepreneurial dream.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers and ask the staff of a seniors care home to give it to someone who doesn’t get regular visitors or gifts.
- Compliment your co-worker, friend, or a total stranger.
- Next time you get really good service at a restaurant, write a nice message of appreciation on the receipt and perhaps a smiley face or two.
- Surprise your parents/grandparents with a visit. I have done this with my grandparents and they were thrilled.
- Next time you think of honking your car horn, although tempting, try not to. You have no idea what thoughts or worries the person in front of you might have that are distracting them.
- Buy a bag of dog or cat food and a toy and donate it to the SPCA.
- Encourage someone if they are having doubts.
- If you don’t do this often to a loved one, say “I love you” and give a specific reason why.
- Ask a shy co-worker or classmate to coffee to get to know them better.
- Make a gift basket of essential food and household items (search online for what local food bank is in need of) and donate it to a family in need through the food bank.
- Last but not least, treat yourself to something because kindness starts with you!!
Let me know what else can we add to this list. There are a ton of things we can do to be kind! 🙂